The Benefits of Mediation
Most divorces, 95%, settle -- they do not go to trial -- and most divorces end up in mediation. Judges order the parties to mediation if the attorneys can not settle on their own. By then however, couples have spent thousands of dollars on separate divorce attorneys and battled for months. The sensible approach is to start out in settlement discussions, with you making the decisions for yourself about your children and your property.
By using divorce mediation instead of hiring lawyers for litigation:
- You protect your children from the turmoil and divisiveness of a court battle between their parents;
- You avoid the public disclosure of your personal conflict because divorce mediation is confidential, unlike divorce court proceedings;
- You avoid the delays, excessive legal bills, and trauma that result from the traditional adversarial divorce court process;
- You resolve all issues -- child custody, child support, parenting time, property division and spousal support-- without going to war with your spouse; and
- You make the decisions for yourself about your children and your property, instead of having them pushed on you by attorneys or forced on you by a judge.
How to Propose Mediation to Your Spouse:
Lincoln believed that attorneys should serve as peacemakers. In his notes for a
law lecture, he wrote: "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to
compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often
a real loser—in fees, expenses, and waste of time. As a peacemaker the lawyer
has a superior opportunity of being a good person*."
A good divorce mediator
can help both parties reduce the long-lasting pain, grief, and bitterness that so frequently is promoted in the typical adversarial divorce scenario.
NO RETAINER IS REQUIRED FOR SERVICES.
West Bloomfield, MI
From its office in Bingham Farms, Michigan, Taylor-Made Solutions, PLLC, provides divorce mediation services to clients in Southeast Michigan communities such as Auburn Hills, Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, Detroit, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Franklin, Grosse Pointe, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Novi, Northville, Pontiac, Rochester, Royal Oak, St. Clair Shores, Smith, Sterling Heights, Troy, Waterford, Wixom, covering Oakland County, Wayne County, and Macomb County.
A Peaceful Divorce Is Possible
* Abraham Lincoln actually said "As a peacemaker the lawyer has a superior opportunity of being a good man."